- This course has passed.
NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Safety & Health
April 21 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational
Safety & Health
This is an externally examined level three qualification designed to help non-specialists to discharge more effectively their duties or functions in workplace Health & Safety.
The course is delivered one day per week for ten weeks followed by the examinations. The assessments consist of one written paper NG1 and a practical assignment NG2. Both of which are marked by Nebosh.
The qualification is designed for managers, supervisors or workers in any type of organisation. It is ideal for anyone who needs a broad understanding of health and safety issues to be able to manage day-to-day risks effectively. For many people achieving the Nebosh General Certificate is the first step for a career in health and safety.
The Program is as follows;
NG1 Management of health and safety – assessed by the written paper.
- Why we should manage workplace health and safety.
- How health and safety management systems work and what they look like.
- Managing risk – understanding people and processes.
- Health and safety monitoring and measuring.
NG2 – (assessed by the practical assessment)
- Physical and Psychological health.
- Musculoskeletal health.
- Chemical and biological agents.
- General workplace issues.
- Work equipment