Safety Pass Alliance Core & Petrol Retail
April 28 @ 9:00 am - April 29 @ 4:30 pm
The Safety Pass Alliance Passport scheme was developed by UK’s leading authority in health and safety to ensure that persons working on petrol forecourts are aware of the potential hazards and have a good understanding of health and safety in this unique environment. Many of the large petrol retailers such as Shell, BP, Exon, Co-op/Summerfield and Texaco endorse this scheme. Training Solutions NI Limited are the only provider of this training in Ireland. This is a two day course which includes the ‘core day’ and the site specific training day for those working on or around petrol forecourts.
To build on the basic health and safety information of the Core Day programme by concentrating on risks specifically found with working on a Petrol Filling Station.
To allow delegates to recognise hazards, utilise control measures and safe working practices and maintain a safe working environment.
On completion of the course delegates will:
- Demonstrate their understanding of the subjects by successfully completing each module assessment paper
- Appreciate how they personally can influence good standards within health safety & environment
- Understand the value of risk assessment and have the knowledge to recognise when changes to a generic assessment is required
- Understand the common hazards associated with working in this sector
MODULE 1 – Hazards on a Petrol Filling Station
- Types of hazards
- Fuel hazards
- Fuel properties
- Restricted areas on a petrol forecourt
- Hazardous areas
- Zone classification
- Delivery hazards
- Vapour recovery
- Customer hazards
- Other hazards
- Contractor hazards
MODULE 2: Controlling Work on a Forecourt
- Safety method statements
- Clearance certificates
- Permits to work
- Task classification
Petrol forecourts have many hazards, to reduce the risk ‘so far as is reasonably practicable’ it is vital that all who work on or around them fully understand the risk controls to follow. This course provides this understanding.