Jill De Nardo, Head of Commerical Training at the Health and Safety Executive Training and events says;“If minor incidents and near-misses are investigated well, organisations could potentially prevent more serious or catastrophic incidents happening,”
Knowing how to carry out such investigations will go a long way to reducing the risk of it happening again. Could you do with learning how to investigate more efficiently?
This qualification is for anyone who wants to carry out incident investigations effectively.
Employers, supervisors, SHE champions, union and safety representatives will benefit. Attending the course will enable you to:
- Independently investigate simple incidents
- Gather evidence including conducting witness interviews
- Produce an action plan to prevent a recurrence of an incident
- Contribute to team investigations for large scale incidents
- Positively impact the safety culture in your organisation
What will you learn on the course?
The one day NEBOSH HSE Introduction to Incident Investigation covers the following topics:
- Moral, legal and financial arguments for investigations
- Human and organisational factors that can contribute to an incident
- The process for investigating incidents
- Positive interview strategies and the barriers to successful interviewing
A great man once said ‘ the man who didn’t make a mistake didn’t make anything’! Learning from mistakes, lapses, slips etc. before they lead to a serious injury is the secret to reducing risk within your organisation.
If you would benefit from attending this course and achieving the much sought after Nebosh award, watch this space for the date of our first course coming soon.
Good health and safety management is driven by continual improvement.