Abrasive Wheel Training
Under the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER) it is essential that operators using abrasive wheel machinery are trained adequately to use safely. This training must be refreshed regularly and be delivered by a fully qualified instructor. The training we provide fully meets the requirements of current legislation, Approved Code of Practice, Health and Safety Guidance HSG17 and manufacturer’s recommendations.
The training will cover;
- Hazards and risks arising from the use of abrasive wheels and the precautions to be observed
- Methods of marking abrasive wheels with their type, size and maximum operating speed
- How to safely store, handle and transport abrasive wheels
- How to inspect and test abrasive wheels for damage
- The functions of all the components used with abrasive wheels such as flanges, blotters, bushes, nuts etc.
- How to assemble abrasive wheels correctly to make sure they are properly balanced and are fit for use
- The proper method of dressing an abrasive wheel
- The correct adjustment of the work rest on pedestal or bench grinding machines
- The use of suitable Personal Protective Equipment
It is a legal requirement to provide your employees with information, instruction and training and to provide safe and well maintained work equipment and safe systems of work. Not only will providing this training reduce the risk of harm to employees and others, it will also increase the lifespan of the equipment and improve productivity.
We deliver excellent training for companies in-house on safe use of abrasive wheels. The training is of the highest quality and I hope you will think about Training Solutions when you need to complete this training.