Accident Investigation – have you got a system in place?
Investigation of incidents and accidents is a crucial means of reducing the risk of the accident occurring again. This course will be valuable for managers, supervisors, safety officers, safety representatives and anyone with the responsibility for accident investigation or who may be part of an accident investigation team. Learn how to identify the immediate, underlying and root cause of an accident. Accidents rarely happen because of a single cause. Keeping asking ‘Why’ until you get the full picture.
Upon completion of this course delegates will understand;
- The process and purpose of carrying out accident investigations, not only to find out the immediate cause, but also underlying and root causes thus providing an opportunity to reduce the risk of this happening again.
- The legal and organizational requirements regarding the reporting and recording of accident in the workplace.
- Broad understanding of accident investigation
- Comprehensive understanding or R.I.D.D.O.R.
- Applicable accident and incident reporting and investigating procedures
- Strategies to ensure that organisations learn from safety failures
This is a one day course delivered to companies either in-house or at our training facility in Antrim. Please feel free to get in touch for further details.