The level 3 NVQ Diploma in in Wood Occupations (Construction) – Site Carpentry – (6571-51) Building and Civil Engineering qualification has been developed for achievement in a real workplace environment.
This qualification enables you, the learner, to demonstrate and recognise your skills, knowledge and understanding and to demonstrate your competence in a real workplace environment so you can work as a joiner within the construction industry.
You will be assessed against a set of performance and knowledge statements which have been derived from National Occupational Standards for your occupational area. You will be assessed by an occupationally competent and qualified assessor whose job is to work with you and help you complete your qualification.
This qualification supports the learner to attain enabling, fundamental and transferable practical skills with associated underpinning knowledge.
The learner must complete the following modules to obtain the full qualification.
• Conforming to general health, safety and welfare in the workplace
• Confirming the Occupational Method of Work in the workplace
• Confirming work activities and resources for an occupational work area in the workplace
• Installing Bespoke First Fixings Components in the workplace
• Installing Bespoke Second Fixings Components in the workplace
• Developing and maintaining good occupational working relationships in the workplace
• Setting up and using transportable cutting and shaping machines in the workplace
Optional (Students must complete 1 optional module)
• Erecting Structural Carcassing Components in the workplace
• Erecting Roof Structure Carcassing Components in the workplace
• Maintaining non-structural and structural components in the workplace
There are no formal entry requirements to take this qualification. This qualification can be undertaken without any previous training or qualifications in this subject area.
This qualification is for students that are already experienced in the joinery trade but would like to obtain a formal NVQ Level 3 qualification.
The qualification is learner led and students can complete at their own pace.
The assessment methods are primarily made up of students collating evidence through a portfolio, site observations and professional discussion.
There is a range of evidence methods which can be used which the assessor will make you aware of.
*Companies that are CITB levy payers will be able to claim a portion of this qualification back*