City and Guilds – (6578-01)
Level 6 NVQ Diploma in Construction Site Management
The level 6 NVQ Diploma in Construction Site Management (Construction) qualification has been developed for achievement in a real workplace environment.
This qualification enables you, the learner, to demonstrate and recognise your skills, knowledge and understanding and to demonstrate your competence in a real workplace environment so you can work as a manager within the construction industry
You will be assessed against a set of performance and knowledge statements which have been derived from National Occupational Standards for your area. You will be assessed by an occupationally competent and qualified assessor whose job is to work with you and help you complete your qualification.
This qualification supports the learner to attain enabling, fundamental and transferable practical skills with associated underpinning knowledge.
The learner must complete the following modules to obtain the full qualification.
- Identifying and enabling learning opportunities for given work teams in the workplace
- Developing and maintaining good occupational working relationships in the workplace
- Allocating work and checking people’ performance in the workplace
- Contributing to the identification of work teams in the workplace
- Identifying, allocating and planning the deployment and use of plant, equipment or machinery in the workplace
- Organising, controlling and monitoring supplies of materials in the workplace
- Establishing, implementing and maintaining systems for managing health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- Evaluating and selecting work methods to meet project or operational requirements in the workplace
- Monitoring construction related project activities in the workplace
- Controlling project progress against agreed quality standards in the workplace
- Controlling project against agreed programmes in the workplace
- Managing personal development in the construction related workplace
- Establishing, controlling and monitoring environmental factors and sustainability in the workplace
- Planning the preparation of the site for the project or operation in the workplace
- Ensuring that work activities and resources meet project work requirements in the workplace
- Establishing and monitoring communication systems and organizational procedures in the workplace
- Establishing project dimensional control criteria in the workplace
- Controlling project quantities and costs in the workplace
- Evaluating feedback information and recommending improvements in the workplace
There are no formal entry requirements to take this qualification. This qualification can be undertaken without any previous training or qualifications in this subject area.
This qualification is for students that are site managers who are looking to obtain/keep their Platinum Site Manger card
The qualification is learner led and students can complete at their own pace.
The assessment methods are primarily made up of students collating evidence through a portfolio, site observations and professional discussion.
There is a range of evidence methods which can be used which the assessor will make you aware of.
*Companies that are CITB levy payers will be able to claim a portion of this qualification back*