City And Guilds PAT 2377-77 – 2 Day
May 19, 2022 @ 9:00 am - May 20, 2022 @ 4:30 pm
Coming into contact with live electricity is a very serious hazard which could result in a fatality. The Health and Safety at Work (NI) Order 1978 places a legal duty on employers to provide safe and properly maintained work equipment. Regulation 5 of the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 states;
(1) Every employer shall ensure that work equipment is maintained in an efficient state, in efficient working order and in good repair.
(2) Every employer shall ensure that where any machinery has a maintenance log, the log is kept up to date.
The two parts of Regulation 5 outline the general requirements for keeping work equipment and machinery in a condition which does not pose a risk to employees’ safety. It highlights the employer’s duty to ensure that maintenance logs are kept up to date. Regulation 5 focusses on three terms; equipment must be kept in; an efficient state, in efficient working order and in good repair. In order to meet the Regulations requirements employers must show that they comply with all three.
In order to ensure that portable appliances are fit for purpose and are safe to use Portable Appliance Testing is essential. City and Guilds 2377-77 PAT course provides the qualification.
This is a course delivered over two consecutive days with the open-booked on-line examination on the afternoon of day two. Delegates are informed of their results upon completion. All successful candidates will receive a City and Guilds 2377-77 certificate within ten working days of the course.
We also offer the following City and Guilds Electrical Qualifications;
- City & Guilds 18th Edition
- City & Guilds 2391-52 Inspection and Testing
- City & Guilds 2919-01 Electric Vehicle Charging Point Installation
- City & Guilds 2396 Design, Erection and Verification
- 2346 Electrotechnical Experienced Worker Qualification