This course is intended for personnel who operate at strategic levels within an organisation whose decisions can directly affect the health, safety and welfare of the workforce that works for them
The Health and Safety at Work (NI) Order 1978 states ‘it is the duty of every employer to ensure ‘so far as is reasonably practicable’ the health, safety and welfare at work of all of his employees’. Employees also have a legal duty under the Order to ‘take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
Failure to meet the legal requirements may result in HSE enforcement notices, unlimited fines and even prison sentences.
The course has the below benefits
Benefits to learners
- Understand your responsibilities for health and safety in the workplace
- Recognise the importance of integrating health and safety objectives and strategies
- Enable benchmarking of your performance aand identify good practice from similar businesses
- Shape your health and safety vision and identify how to acheive it
Benefits to the organisation:
- Create a good health and safety culture, reduce accident rates, absences and sick leave
- Ensure health and safety is considered in strategic planning and decision-making
- Health and safety management is driven through all levels of the company
- Improve reputation among supplier, clients and partners
For candidates within the construction industry who wish to apply for the CSR Senior manager black card, applicants are also required to have 5 years experience as a Senior Construction Manager and complete a Senior Managers Assessment, or hold an NVQ Level 7 in Construction Project Management or Construction Contracts Management, or hold a professional qualification acceptable to the CEF.
- March 20 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
- May 9 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
- July 2 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
- September 9 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
- November 7 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm