Health & Safety Advisor (Site based)
Reporting to: Head of HSQE / Contracts Director
Location: Site Based – Edinburgh
Edgewater Contracts and Specialist Joinery is an ambitious and growing Construction, Fit-Out and Manufacturing Company who operate in a competitive industry, with high expectations and this brings real opportunities and challenges. We are forward thinking which includes being flexible and responsive in what we do and how we do it, so we can adapt to the expected and unexpected.
Just as we collaborate with our clients to deliver first-class high-quality projects, we rely on our people to collaborate with each other, so they can deliver a first-class customer service.
Summary of role
The H&S Advisor will help manage H&S along with the site team ensuring all persons on site comply with their Safe Systems of Work and relevant legislation and that safety policies and are adopted and adhered to.
- Review / Prepare RAMS
- Chair weekly site H&S meetings
- Carry out safety inspections & fire drills
- Help ensure a safe workplace environment without risk to health
- Carry out Site Inductions with all new persons on site and check training
- Record incidents and accidents and produce reports for management
- Adopt a Continuous Improvement approach to processes and practices
- To perform the role in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Contribute towards an overall company culture of sharing information and knowledge where there is a focus on solving issues as a team with a ‘can-do’ attitude and removing barriers to success
- To perform any other duties as may be reasonably required from time to time.
To perform successfully in this role, you will need:
- CSCS Card
- NEBOSH Certificate
- Excellent IT skills especially Microsoft Office
- Ability to work effectively both alone and in a team environment
- Recent and relevant Health and Safety experience in a similar position in Construction / Fit Out industry
- Proven ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) to build relationships with colleagues, customers and other stakeholders
- Experience of handling H&S investigations and providing advice to manager/supervisors
- High attention to detail
- A proactive and flexible working approach with the ability to adapt to changing situations and duties
- Continually seeking ways to improve, adapt and innovate while meeting compliance and commercial requirements
- TWC Training
- Grad IOSH
If you are interested in the position please forward a copy of your CV with a cover letter to HR Manager Lynsey Graham by email to email@example.com or call for a confidential chat on 02879 651000