Reports To: Electrical Inspections Supervisor
Formed in 2012, Independent Company Safety Services (ICSS) Ltd specialise in Electrical Safety Compliance, and provides Portable Appliance Testing (PAT), Fixed Wire Testing (EICR), Emergency Lighting Testing, Fire Alarm Testing, Lightning Protection, Periodic Inspection and Testing, Thermal Imaging, Mains Analysis and Electrical Installation to clients throughout the UK and Ireland.
Our company is situated in Co. Antrim with engineers based nationwide, and with over 40 years combined experience in the industry. We can offer our customers a cost-effective approach to safety compliance.
Job Overview At ICSS Ltd. We owe our success to the efficiency of our organisational processes. To help maintain and grow this standard, we’re seeking an experienced Electrician to oversee daily activities. As an ideal candidate, the Electrical Testing Engineer role primarily consists of electrical inspections, electrical testing, installation, repairs, fault finding and problem solving in order to provide a high standard of electrical workmanship. This role typically includes writing electrical installation condition reports (EICR), Electrical Installations Certificate (EIC) and Minor Works on job completion.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities (list is not exhaustive – included to highlight the key components of the role):
• Visit sites before schemes start to measure up and order materials.
• Perform high quality testing and inspections.
• Make decisions based on technical drawings.
• Complete initial electrical site safety report before each job commences.
• Complete electrical site safety audits and electrical completion paperwork.
• Ensure safe working practices and electrical safety rules are adhered to.
• Complete required documentation of inspection and testing information.
Electrical Testing Experts
• Good understanding of the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989.
• Perform all work in a manner that meets and follows electrical codes, drawings and standards.
• Test electrical systems and components to ensure proper functionality.
• Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
• Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics, panel drawings and wiring diagrams.
• Industrial M&E Knowledge.
• High level of computer literacy, to include MS PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Strong verbal and written communication, organisational and administration skills.
• City and Guilds Test and Inspection 2391, or equivalent and current regulations qualification update.
• City & Guilds 2360 parts 1 & 2.
• Electricians A & B Certificates.
• Level 2 & 3 Technical Certificates complete with relevant NVQ Level 3.
• City and Guilds 18th Edition (Apprenticeship) qualified electrician.
• Proactive thinking with an enthusiastic character.
• Well organised and able to meet deadlines.
• Excellent people management skills.
• Full UK driving license.
• Knowledge of job/work scheduling software, such as SimPRO. However, training will be provided.
• Clean/Zero Convictions on UK Driving License. Preferred but not essential.
• First Aid at Work.
• IPAF Accredited.
• CSCS ECS card.
• Access NI / DBS clearance.
If you are interested in the position please contact ICSS on the below