City and Guilds NVQ Level 3 in Occupational Work Supervision
The level 3 NVQ Diploma in Occupational Work Supervision (Construction qualification has been developed for achievement in a real workplace environment.
This qualification enables you, the learner, to demonstrate and recognize your skills, knowledge and understanding and to demonstrate your competence in a real workplace environment so you can work as a occupational work supervisor within the construction industry.
You will be assessed against a set of performance and knowledge statements which have been derived from National Occupational Standards for your occupational area. You will be assessed by an occupationally competent and qualified assessor whose job is to work with you and help you complete your qualification.
This qualification supports the learner to attain enabling, fundamental and transferable practical skills with associated underpinning knowledge.
The learner must complete the following modules to obtain the full qualification.
- Confirming work activities and resources for an occupational work area in the workplace
- Developing and maintaining good occupational working relationships in the workplace
- Confirming the occupational method of work in the workplace
- Implementing and maintaining health, safety and environmental and welfare practices in the workplace
- Co-ordinating and organizing work operations in the workplace
- Monitoring progress of work against schedules in the workplace
Optional (Students must complete 2 optional modules
- Allocating and monitoring the use of plant, machinery, equipment or vehicles in the workplace
- Confirming work meets contractual, industry and manufacturers standards in the workplace
- Implementing procedures to support team performance in the workplace
- Co-ordinating and confirming the dimensional control requirements of the work in the workplace