- This course has passed.
City & Guilds 2396
March 24 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
City & Guilds 2396
Design & Verification of Electrical Installations
This course will help electrical professionals develop the essential, up-to-date knowledge and techniques required to professionally design, install and test electrical installations.
Who is the course suitable for?
This course has been developed for electrical professionals, consultants and engineers who are responsible for the design, specification, installation and testing of electrical installations. It is recommended that delegates have already attended 18th Edition Wiring Regulations and Inspection and Testing (2391, 2394/5 or 2391-52)
The course is theory based and consists of classroom based teaching run 5 days in a row. Following the course you will work on a set assignment which you will review with your assessor after you course. The 2396 course teaches you the invaluable skills to design and scope electrical installations. Course content includes:
- Statutory and non-statutory requirements relating to electrical installation design, construction management and verification
- The electrical installation design, construction and commissioning process
- BS 7671 requirements relating to electrical installation design
- Design and verification procedures for single and poly phase electrical installations
- Fundamental principles for the design and installation of associated protective systems relating to electrical installations
- Factors that affect choice of alternative energy sources and environmental technologies used within electrical installation design
You will need to prove competence in these subjects via a set assignment and a written exam.
The course is taken by Lyle Dunn who is widely regarded as the best electrical tutor in Northern Ireland.